RiverRock is committed to being a responsible investor. RiverRock incorporates environmental, social and governance (ESG) factors into its investment decisions, to help better manage risk and generate sustainable, long-term returns.
RiverRock has implemented an integrated Environmental Social Management System (ESMS) which outlines a set of management processes and procedures with regards to ESG-related matters. The ESMS is a firmwide effort ranging from our Senior Management and the portfolio managers to each of the respective support functions and aids in the identification, avoidance, minimisation, mitigation, offsetting and remedy of any environmental and social impacts inherent in its current and prospective investment portfolios.
To further embed responsible investing into everything we do, RiverRock has appointed an external agency to support RiverRock’s pioneering work in this area. This agency is a leading ESG and impact-focused advisory firm and will support RiverRock with;
- Design, implementation and continuous improvement of RiverRock’s responsible investment policies and practices
- Monitoring of RiverRock’s compliance with its responsible investment obligations
- Overseeing and supporting RiverRock’s responsible investment reporting
RiverRock is committed to continuously improving diversity across the Firm and seeks to support companies that share this commitment to improving diversity at all levels.
RiverRock aims to deliver a positive impact through its investments and seeks to support companies that will create jobs and help reduce poverty.
RiverRock is a signatory to the United Nations Principles for Responsible Investment (UNPRI) and has committed to adhere to the Principles where they are consistent with RiverRock’s fiduciary responsibilities. We believe the UNPRI are consistent with both RiverRock’s longstanding values and the independence of the various teams’ investment processes.
As part of RiverRock’s commitment to responsible investment, RiverRock will produce an annual report on its responsible investment activity.
RiverRock, through its various funds, is supportive of the 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development adopted by the United Nations Member States in 2015. Among the Sustainable Development Goals (“SDGs”), RiverRock is particularly focusing:
- On the following SDG Goals: 8, 9, 11 and 12 for its RiverRock Brownfield Infrastructure Fund.
- On the following SDG Goals: 7, 8, 11 and 13 for its RiverRock Senior Loan Fund.
RiverRock is supporter of TCFD.
Through its funds, RiverRock is implementing several actions and initiatives as per of its ESG strategy at corporate and portfolio company levels.
For example, RiverRock has implemented the following ESG actions:
- Environment: TCFD commitment and Net Zero Asset Managers Initiative
- Environment: measurement of greenhouse emissions levels (scope 1 &2 ) at one of the portfolio companies in Spain;
- Environment: the creation of a plan for decarbonisation and achieve Net Zero for one of its Social Building in the Netherlands
- Social Responsibility: participation of several RiverRock employees as mentors to the Young Women in Finance Program and Women in Investment in Spain
- Social Responsibility: RiverRock is a signatory to the United Nations’ Principles for Responsible Investment (“UNPRI”)
- Governance: specific focus UN Sustainable Development Goals consistent with RiverRock’s fiduciary responsibilities
- Governance: introduction of a code of ethics for all stakeholders at one of its portfolio companies in Spain